Styled Shoot – Planning an Elopement
White+White recently had the pleasure of joining a team of talented Sydney-based suppliers to create a beautiful Styled shoot with some very special guests! You could say camels are becoming the ultimate wedding accessory! This shoot has us dreaming of fabulously unique elopements where couples start to think outside of the box making way for dreamy wedding settings such as our own Bohemian desert styled shoot
At White+White we frequently receive enquiries about our elopement packages particularly from couples who are based overseas and looking to elope here in Australia. The more recent popularity of elopements can only be assumed as a reaction to the hefty price tag that often comes with planning a traditional wedding day, among other things. Couples not only love the simplicity of eloping but also the lower costs involved.
Fortunately, our elopement packages offer a ‘not-so-hefty’ price tag as well! We understand that every elopement is extremely unique so are dedicated to customising a planning package that works perfectly for each couple. This can include finding you a flexible and passionate photographer – such as Liz from Soda Photography who beautifully captured our desert shoot as well as organising a fantastic and flexible Celebrant like Sarah May Alexander who just happens to be one of the best in the biz.
Here are W+W’s top tips to planning an intimate elopement:
* Timing – Legally in Australia you need to register with the Government at least one month prior. Your Celebrant can do this on your behalf so you don’t need to worry about a thing.
* Remember to choose a Celebrant that you feel comfortable with and shares your vision for the day.
* Get creative – Make this your day! With a limited guest list you can go nuts! Particularly think of choosing a place that is special to you both.
* Capturing the moment – It’s vital this special occasion is captured by a professional photographer so the memories are captured forever. Remember to choose someone you feel a connection and feel totally comfortable with. Your photos will thank you for it.
* Mid week wedding = great prices. Suppliers will be more than happy to give you a discount for a mid week wedding and there is a greater chance they will be available for your date!
* Reach out to a local planner – they can provide some great location ideas and supplier recommendations to help create your dream setting for your special day.
* Celebrate afterwards with a small lunch or intimate dinner with your family and friends. Sharing your photos from the day is a nice touch and will ensure you guests feel like they are a part of the day.
Stunning places to elope:
* In the middle of a forest
* On a mountaintop
* In a hot air balloon
* Under a waterfall
* In the snow
* In the middle of a field at sunset
* Sunrise overlooking a beach
Stunning locations to elope in Australia:
* Sydney – Overlooking Sydney Harbour Bridge
* Adelaide – Barossa Valley Wine Country
* Perth – Lancelin Sand Dunes
* Melbourne – Daylesford
* Queensland – Springbrook Falls
* Tasmania – Wineglass Bay or rustic farm