Are you planning a Summer Wedding? Be sure to keep you and your guests cool with some refreshing drinks throughout the day. Whether it is a bubbly champagne or a refreshing cocktail, your guests will love you forever!
Why not create your own signature cocktail? Here are a few new and interesting cocktails we have stumbled upon…
Iced Tea with Plum + Thyme
Rosewater, Ginger, Lychee + Rose Champagne
White Strawberry + Lemon Sangria
Just for you, we have found some deliciously refreshing beverage recipes. We have quite a few favourites so here goes… grab a pen and some paper and start writing!
Wedge of lime
2 teaspoons coarse margarita salt
14 ounces ruby red grapefruit juice, with pulp (about 3 medium grapefruits)
1 ounce lime juice
5 ounces reposado tequila
2 ounces triple sec
4 slices grapefruit or twists
1. Run a lime wedge halfway around the rims of four margarita glasses and dip into salt. Set aside.
2. Combine 7 ounces grapefruit juice, one-half ounce lime juice, 2 1/2 ounces tequila and 1 ounce triple
sec in a cocktail shaker.
3. Shake over ice until chilled. Strain into two ice-filled, salt-rimmed margarita glasses.
4. Garnish with a twist or slice of grapefruit.
5. Repeat to make two more cocktails.
Serves 4 guests
4 large mint leaves
1 tablespoon superfine sugar
4 ounces seedless watermelon, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3/4 cup), plus a small wedge for garnish
2 ounces white rum
1/2 cup ice cubes
1. In a heavy large glass, combine mint, lime, and sugar.
2. Using a muddler, mash together mint and lime until sugar is dissolved.
3. Add watermelon, and muddle until broken down.
4. Stir in rum and ice cubes.
5. Pour into an 8-ounce serving glass and garnish with a watermelon wedge.
Aperol Spritz Cocktail
3 ounces Prosecco (or any sparkling wine)
1 ounce Aperol
Splash of soda water, sparkling water, or club soda
Garnish of orange
1. Pour the sparkling wine into a glass of ice cubes.
2. Add the Aperol and then a splash of sparkling water.
3. Float a nice thick slice of orange on top – it will infuse the drink with orangey goodness even more as you sip.
4 cups ice cubes
1 lemon, cut into thin slices
160ml Pimm’s No. 1
125ml lemonade, chilled
125ml ginger ale, chilled
1/2 Lebanese cucumber, cut into thin strips
1. Place 1/2 the ice into a 1-litre capacity jug.
2. Add lemon slices.
3. Pour in Pimm’s, followed by lemonade and ginger ale.
4. Stir with a swizzle stick to combine.
5. Divide remaining ice among four tall glasses.
6. Place a piece of cucumber in each glass then fill with cocktail.
Strawberry Riesling Slushie (our favourite!)
2 cups hulled strawberries
1 bottle [750ml] dry riesling
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons sugar
How to make it:
1. Reserve 1 cup of the riesling – cover and place in the fridge to chill.
2. In a food processor, puree strawberries with the remaining wine, lime juice and sugar.
3. Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze until solid.
4. When you’re ready to serve or drink, puree the ice cubes with the remaining wine in your blender.
Now you have the recipes on hand it is time to get practising!
Enjoy the beautiful weather ahead of us and take sometime to choose or create your own perfect signature cocktail for your wedding day.